Tip For an effective presentation in English
Hello,
Sometimes clients come to me complaining that they feel stuck in the planning stages of a presentation. In other words, they do not know where to start.
One trick I recommend is to try to think in reverse. Try asking: "What I want the participants in my presentation to take with them at the end of my presentation?" Write down all the things you want to happen. For example, after my presentation:
- I want the participants to remember the price of my three main products
- I want participants to enter my website during the week
- I want the participants to recall four advantages of my product
This list help create the presentation in a manner more precisely.
I recently organized a workshop for representatives of a large and well known chain of retail that sells computers and computer accessories. When I sat down with the manager to plan the workshop, he was not sure about the content they wanted to convey. The moment I put the question "back", things became clearer:
"What do you want your sales reps know how to do by the end of the workshop ? I asked.
"Oh, it's easy," he replied, "I want them to become familiar with several techniques sales to sell more successfully. "
As he put it this way, things came up: we knew that the workshop was to hold hands on tools and techniques to improve the efficiency of the sellers. A Once we knew what the ultimate goal, it became easier to build the workshop "backwards."
One last comment:
People tend to see the presentations as something that relates only to the business world. However, it is important to remember that the submission is an information dissemination in a manner that conveys the message of how to be better understood. What I'm saying? I'm trying to say that trying to convince my wife to join me for a show next Friday Hamlet is also a type of presentation. And, if I want to convince her to come with me, especially if it's not a big fan of Shakespeare, so I need to spend a few minutes thinking about how to present it correctly and convincingly. We present all the time, and everyone. "Everyone's a stage and all men and women merely players," said Shakespeare (As You Like It, Act II), and if the famous Bard said yes, then perhaps we should listen.
I hear presentations on interesting or bizarre that you had.
Good luck.
this article is translated into french
behind this article (in Englis): http://ezinearticles.com/?Tip-For-an-Effective-Presentation-in-English&id=3404433
0 comments:
Post a Comment